Trinity Selt Exam Preparation
ENGLISH FOR SPEAKERS OF OTHER LANGUAGES (ESOL)
ESOL courses are for adults living in the UK who do not speak English as a first language and want to improve their language skills. You will develop your listening, speaking, reading and writing skills and have the opportunity to gain a nationally recognised qualification. We offer classes from pre-beginners to Entry 3. All of our classes are held on weekdays from 10:00am – 2:00pm.
Next course intake will start from the 2nd March 2020
The courses are free for many students that are unemployed and receiving certain benefits.
Before you can start a course you will need to attend an assessment and interview so that we can put you in the right class. We recommend that you don't bring young children with you as the assessment process can take a long time and we do not have facilities for childcare.
You will need to book an appointment to arrange an assessment.
For more information, contact us by:
- Email: email@example.com or
- Telephone: 0121 240 8002
To be eligible for Government funding you must be 19 or over and
- have been ordinarily resident in the UK or another country in the European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 years. or
- have been granted indefinite leave to remain, exceptional leave to remain, right of abode or British Citizenship in the last 3 years. or
- be the spouse or civil partner of a person covered by one of the statements above and have been both married and resident in the UK for 1 year.
You must bring all relevant documents when you enrol.
- your UK or EU passport or EU identity card.
- proof of your address
- all your ESOL exam certificates
There are no course fees if:
- …you are currently receiving a Work-Related Activity Group (WRAG) benefit. That is:
- you are currently unemployed and receiving an income-based Job Seeker’s Allowance (JSA) or
- you are currently unemployed and receiving Employment Support Allowance (ESA) or
- receiving universal credit and are determined by the JCP as being one of the following categories
- all work related requirements group
- work preparation group
- work focussed interview group
- …you are currently unemployed and not receiving JSA or ESA or Universal Credit and receiving certain income-based benefits and can sign a declaration that you need skills training to enter employment. That is:
- you are receiving Income Support, Housing Benefit, Council Tax Benefit or Universal Credit or
- you are the partner of someone receiving Working Tax Credit or
- you or your partner are receiving Pension Credit (Guarantee Credit only) or
- you are an unwaged dependant (using Job Centre Plus definition) of someone in the previous six bullet points above or
- you are an asylum seeker receiving income-based benefit/assistance, or their dependant.
You must bring evidence when you enrol: your passport or ID card and a document showing you still receive one of the above allowances (a green sign-on book is not acceptable) or benefits or credits dated within the last 6 months, e.g. a letter from the benefits agency or a bank statement.
There is a £40.00 registration fee unless you have been referred by Job Centre Plus. This includes the cost of examinations.
New UK Visa and Immigration Rules from November 2015
From November 2015, if you want to apply for a Spouse/Partner visa, Indefinite Leave to Remain (Settlement/Permanent Residency) or British Citizenship (Naturalisation) you will have to take a Secure English Language Test (SELT) as well as the Life in The UK test.
For Spouse/partner visas you can take the Trinity GESE (Graded Examinations in Spoken English) Grade 2 (A1).
For Indefinite Leave to Remain (Settlement/Permanent Residency) or British Citizenship (naturalisation) you can take the Trinity GESE (Graded Examinations in Spoken English) Grade 5 (B1).
The preparation classes are run on Mondays and Tuesdays from 10am to 1pm. Extra classes and support is provided outside these times those who may require it. This is a 6 weeks course.
To enrol on a Trinity SELT Preparation Course, you need to book an appointment for an assessment of your level of English. Please call us on 0121 240 8002 for further information.
The cost of the course is £150.00
For more information about Trinity College SELTs, please visit www.trinitycollege.com/SELT